Saturday, October 6, 2007

The New Account

So, I decided to create a new Yahoo Answers Account. Let's see how long I last now. I started off with a simple one:

blahblahb95 Asked

The place on animal planet where they take animals when they are ready to be adopted,what is it called?


My answer was:

It's usually a version of the SPCA.

SPCA stands for:

Society for the
Prevention of
Cruelty to
Animals

There's frequently a prefix that indicates it's a particular branch of the SPCA. For example the MSPCA is the:

Massachusetts
Society for the
Prevention of
Cruelty to
Animals

ASPCA is the:

American
Society for the
Prevention of
Cruelty to
Animals


This strikes me as an even keeled answer. Simple, factual and to the point. No editorializing. For example I don't point out that the *SPCA shelters that aren't No-Kill have an average euthanasia rate of 10% to 20%, while PETA has a close to 80% kill rate for most cats and dogs.

That's right, PETA kills 80% of the cats and dogs it "rescues" while even the worst *SPCA shelter rarely kills more than 20%.

No comments: