Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Does Yahoo Answers hate Hispanics?

I stumbled across an interesting question. It's "resolved" and neither the account that asked the question nor the account that got "Best Answer" have been suspended. Take a look at the sort of thing Yahoo Answers allows.

Question:
Is anyone else getting tired of these ad on TV done in Spanish?
I saw an ad a couple of weeks ago on TV for The National Gaurd done in Spanish. This past weekend I saw one done in Spanish for the NFL.

I live in Kentucky, not California. It's bad enough that when I get a voice mail on my phone I'm told to "Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Spanish" now I've got to listen to it on my TV.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
i know how you feel. call your state reps and complain. i do. and for the first on that answered, we do have an official language and its English. it's in the 14th amendment. we are to speak the language it was written in. and that's English, so boyyyyaaaaaaaa


Now take a look at an answer that got a Yahoo Answers account suspended.

See the pattern?

Being a borderline racist gets you points, being informative gets you banned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boyyyyaaaaaaaa
...
That's a stupid thing for that guy to say. And yet, I may never know why teenagers still do it.