Monday, October 8, 2007

Banned Again

I just got the following from Yahoo Answers:

Date: 06 Oct 2007 20:55:02 -0700
From: "Yahoo! Answers " Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by cc.yahoo-inc.com. Learn more
Subject: Yahoo! Answers Suspension Notice
To: bulkhater01@yahoo.com

Hello Anon A(bulkhater01)

You have posted content to Yahoo! Answers in violation of our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service. As a result, your account has been suspended.

If you feel you were not in violation, please contact our Customer Care and tell us why.

Regards,
Yahoo! Customer Care


Let's take a look at this. I Answered THREE questions with this account.

First, I revealed the meaning of the ASPCA acronym

Next, I discouraged Software Piracy

Finally, Instead of the vague "You should go to a doctor" comments made by other people, I described possible causes of a seeping "bump" a woman claimed to have, avoiding most "icky" terms in the process.

What could any of those answers POSSIBLY have done to justify the suspension of the account? I'll admit I was a bit rude with the first account which may have been why I was suspended, but I was polite, accurate and succinct with all three of my answers.

Before I was willing to write this off as the act of an overly aggressive moderator with insufficient accountability. The most recent bout is far too arbitrary and irrational for even that excuse.

Either Yahoo Answers is penalizing people randomly, or someone at Yahoo found this Blog and is using Yahoo Account suspensions to "Punish" me for daring to speak out about their incompetent moderation. Lacking propper nut job paranoia, I'm inclined to suspect that the Yahoo Moderators are just stupid and incompetent. Perhaps they saw scary words like "cyst" and figured I MUST be posting something disgusting.

No comments: