Friday, February 5, 2010

And yes, they will sue

Question
May someone sue me for anything...if I used to work at a company that is being sue even tough i dont work ther?
This is the situation---I started working with a photo studio company that had 1 year open. I started as a contract labor...in 1099 form. with the promise from the boss i was going to be turned into a w2 later...was there 2 years it never happen...Anyways..My position was to do mainly everything from being their studio photographer to-graphic designer for invitations and etc. to receptionist, secretary, photolab printer technician, Cashiers, and Office Manager. The problem started because I did not wanted to photograph such great and special days like wedding and quinceaneras yet --when i didnt have enough experience so I told my exboss that I could find someone to take the event photos for us..like a photographer for events and pay him by contract per project. So I asked a friend that supposetly was a photographer if he had ever taken weddings or that kind of events before and he said yes. So my exboss hired him for a quinceanera event. the pictures came out ok and looked good but he used his camera..so im guessing he was familiar with the settings and everything. Next event it was a wedding.. and he also said he could do it. so we gave him that project but we asked him to use our camera this time because his camera was a lower quality camera and we had asked him to practice that camera 1 week before event so he could feel familiar with it. Apparently we found out after the event that he did not have time to practice w camera..and all photos from wedding ceremony came out blurry where u can recognize no one and extremelly horrible. We were so angry at him that we did not know what to do...we had never encounter that before and the photographer was trying to put excuses and blame it on us etc. welll the photographer agreed to pay back the customer half of what they had already paid and the rest was gonna be printed from reception photos and bridals session because those did came out good...and ok...after that I myself had to lighten alot of photos from the original files the photographer gave me cuz they were super dark...after that he had been in contact with the client because we transfer her case to him since he was responsible for her pictures to try to fix...he needed to be in touch with her...mostly..we will call her once in a while to be update...and send her one email to see how she was with the photographer....she actually started saying the photographer was backstabbing us saying it was our fault and blaming it all on us ...and she was getting on his side because she said we were not returning any of her calls or emails..and we had a bad customer service...etc..she stopped by to the studio a couple of times and try to resolve the issue really sad...I felt so bad for the situation even tough i wasnt the photographer that ruined her wedding and gave her hopes atht I will try my best to fix the photos for her as much as i could and it will be possible. So I asked the photographer to help me on that but he took like 6 months to fix them...when i got the cd back supposetly fix it was the same thing i had given him at the beggining...never heard from him again after that....I told her about it...and she was mad...she just told me she hoped i could fix them for her..and that what i did i try my best to fix 6 diffrent photos for her we needed to give her...1-24x36 and 4 16x20--which we did its been almost 1 year and a half after that and she only has approved 2 prints...i been in contact with her even tough im not working there no more and trying to help her...and now she said if i dont fix her this she is suing the company and me becauase i was handdling her account...can she do anything to me ...I mean i was employed by the company to fixed someone else's mistake...whay would i be sue..and plus im no longer there I didt take those pictures i gave her good service all the time...and i try my best to fix those photos for her and i was honest to tell her that some photos could not be fixed....now she wants to sue me...may someone help me and advise in how may i defen myself on this can she do that? I really doubt it but i need to know...thak u so much

Your Answer:
I hate to break it to you but you're open to liability on several fronts, and the former employer could go after YOU in a lawsuit to recoup losses if they lose.

They might decide to go after you to recover the legal fees from this lawsuit anyway!

No comments: