Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Apparently Mexican marriages aren't valid in the USA

Married n mexico and texas?

my dad married his 1st wife in mexico ,but didnt' gt a divorce frm her.Now she wants to claim his benefits and retirement funds can she?? Then he married my mom without getting a divorce here in TEXAS..Oh my dad has passed that's why all this is goign on..what can my mom do does she have any rights..


To paraphrase Pascal, I cannot imagine the confusion of ideas that would lead to such a question. The asker is either a prankster, or somehow thinks Mexican marriages shouldn't be valid in the USA.

I posted the following reply as Alex K:

It doesn't matter what country the wedding happened in. Your Father was a bigamist when he was "Married" to your mother and his marriage to her was invalid and illegal.

He was living in sin with her the whole time they were together.

No comments: