Monday, January 14, 2008

Is being gay a form of atheism?

I've answered another question under Account 004. The Question appears to be a bit of deliberate trolling. At least, I hope it's trolling. I knew plenty of people growing up who would follow the asker's logic.

My answer is an attempt at an honest one. I eschewed predictable and typical inflammatory replies and even tried to remain neutral on if being a Homosexual is a sin. I went straight for the compassionate answer I'd expect most pastors.

Question
Is being gay a form of atheism?

Since it is counter to the teachings of most major religions.
You are:
Alex K
Your Answer:
That's a but like asking if having premarital sex is a form of atheism. Committing what your religion describes as a sin does not, in and of itself, constitute a lack of belief in God. Far from it, the conviction that we are sinners and at odds with God's will is the reason Christian belief is so heavily immersed in the concept of "undeserved forgiveness."

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
Source(s)
Grew up Christian

No comments: