Saturday, January 30, 2010

When you let Yahoo Answers users pick the best answer...

You get crap

Here was the question:

Did you find Obama's Education Speech offensive?
If you did what about the speech offended you?

If you didn't hear or see or read it, what about the speech offended you?


Here was the "Best Answer"

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
no, but the lesson plan was definitely offensive.

Apparently Glenn Beck is a Yahoo Answers user.

Here's a far better answer that was passed over:

I only read it, but after reading it I felt encouraged. I'm in college, fighting a serious chronic illness, neither of my parents went to college (in fact my father is a piece of **** deadbeat alcoholic asshole), my brother dropped out of highschool at 16, and I'm not doing that well financially... But I know that with strength and persistence I can be successful. And I plan on it.

Obama's speech just made me feel even more that I'm doing the right thing. I just hope that it inspires other kids to do the same.

Anyone saying that its against Obama's constitutional rights is an idiot. Not only does freedom of speech include the president's freedom of speech, but if education wasn't backed by the government as it was when the constitution was first written, the only people going would be the wealthy. Everyone needs an education, and needs to be proactive in getting one, is all Obama was trying to say.

No comments: